E&O Laboratories Ltd is a privately owned well established high growth manufacturing business, based in central Scotland supplying and servicing clinical/veterinary, food water environmental and pharmaceutical microbiology laboratories throughout the UK and Europe.
We are currently looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of our Quality Assurance Department, including all Quality Assurance activities associated with the manufacture and despatch of pre-prepared microbiological culture media and bulk materials, supplements, blood and IVD kits, ensuring that our products are compliant with the current standards and regulations laid down in ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and the principles of cGMP.
- Manage Quality Assurance staff to ensure adequate qualified/trained resources are available to meet the needs of the business. Line manage all staffing activities within the Quality Assurance department including shift patterns, recruitment, training, performance, attendance, timekeeping, disciplinary and dismissal activities
- Lead continuous improvement projects across the business
- Manage and deliver training programs to ensure a consistent level of GMP knowledge across the team
- Take responsibility for promotion of quality awareness and awareness of customer requirements across the business
- Manage the disposition of products taking responsibility for product quality.
- Work closely with the validation team on validation projects
- Manage the implementation of Quality Assurance processes across the business to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards (IVD regulation, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 17025, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001) and other company needs
- Assist with the Audit program to ensure ongoing compliance and continuous improvement
- Assist with regulatory, customer and third-party audits of the business
- Manage the CAPA process ensuring actions are completed in line with business deadlines
- Analyse and report data/KPIs with regard to the performance of the quality departments and their impact on the business
Key skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a scientific discipline and have at least 3 years working experience of QA within a similar industry sector. The role will involve communication with customers and staff at all levels and will require strong organisation and people skills and immaculate attention to detail. Own transport is essential due to remote location and the occasional requirement travelling between sites.
Hours of Work:
Mon to Fri 08.00 to 16.30
Negotiable dependant on experience
This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and exiting growth business.
If you are looking for a permanent position, take pride in your job, enjoy working in a dynamic culture, are loyal and hardworking plus enjoy a non-corporate culture, please email your CV together with an indication of required salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.eolabs.com.