E&O Laboratories Ltd is currently seeking a R&D Scientist to assist in the research, development, optimisation, and validation of new and existing culture media formulations, ensuring compliance with government legislation and customer requirements at our GMP facility in Bonnybridge.
This role will require candidates to work on defined projects under the supervision of the Technical Manager. The successful candidate would be trained in each stage of new product development including, product realisation, lab-based design trials, product validation, scale-up and design transfer to full scale manufacturing.
The successful candidate should be educated to degree level in molecular biology or a closely related science subject. Previous experience of working in a research or commercial laboratory environment will be advantageous, as will experience of cell-culture & immunofluorescence techniques and RT-PCR methodology.
You will have good social, communication and organisational skills, and be comfortable working within a team.
To apply please email your CV and your salary expectations to email@example.com
Please note that car ownership is essential due to location.
E&O Laboratories Ltd has invested significantly to support their continued growth and ambitious development plans, and as a result we are recruiting for a IT Manager with proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding and successful organisation.
You will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs.
Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems is essential.
You will have expertise in data centre management and data governance, knowledge of computer networks, network administration and network installation. You will also have a proven record of managing personnel.
You will be responsible for:
– Managing information technology and computer systems.
– Plan, organise, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
– Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
– Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
– Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
– Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organisational policy.
– Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
– Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
– Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
– Manage IT interaction with business stakeholders.
The suitable candidate will have excellent communication skills and be capable of working on own initiative and as part of a team. You will thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
If you are looking for a permanent position, take a pride in your job, have your own reliable transport and would like to be part of a high growth company, please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website for further information on the Company at www.eolabs.com
Animal Technician / General Farm Worker
E&O Laboratories Ltd is currently looking to recruit a hardworking dedicated stock person with general farm working experience to work at our farm facility between Linlithgow and Bathgate, to assist with the general welfare of all donor Horses and Sheep, as well as a dedicated flock of breeding ewes.
A suitable candidate will require a good all round knowledge of all basic animal management and routine livestock duties, together with basic farm machine driving skills. Must be competent in driving telehandlers and tractors. You should enjoy working outside and have your own reliable transport.
Any previous experience working under the Home Office Animal Scientific Procedures Act would be advantageous.
Daily tasks will involve assisting with the welfare of Horses, Sheep – following all company and H&S procedures, as well as well as any seasonal related farm duties. You will receive extensive training in any blood harvest protocols and work as part of a busy team. You will also be required at times to work on own without supervision.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
General Facilities Operative
E&O Laboratories Ltd are looking to recruit a General Facilities Operative to work across all sites.
The successful candidate is responsible for undertaking duties relating to the day to day cleaning of all the production, warehouse & communal areas and site facilities in accordance with the cleaning specification, ensuring minimal disruption to the daily activities under the direction of the Management Team.
Duties include –
– Complying with E&O Laboratories, Health and Environmental policies and procedures and carrying out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
– Daily hygiene tasks and checks in warehouse, production and admin areas to be completed to agreed standards and quality.
– Follow a strict cleaning schedule regularly in a busy manufacturing environment.
– Operate heavy cleaning machinery.
– Be willing to undertake industrial training including Fork Lift Truck licenses.
– To fully support the concept of “one team working” work as a team member and comply with set objectives and procedures.
– Rubbish removed to designated area.
– Clean and tidy facilities in line with agreed standards.
– Informing appropriate Manager as and when security risks arise.
– Informing appropriate Manager as and when any fire issues arise.
– Ensuring procedures are followed in the event of an emergency i.e. fire, flood, accident or damage.
To be considered for this role you will have worked in a similar industrial or manufacturing hygiene role previously. This is a full-time position where you will work 40 hours per week over a 24/7 operational facility.